It happens to most of us – creative people – once in a while. Writer’s block, Mr. Creativity who just walked out of the door, feeling so damn uninspired. Pressuring yourself to stay in front of your computer, is certainly not the way to go. I know it isn’t easy when you’re a computer nerd like me, but practice makes perfect.
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
- Edward de Bono
These 20 things might help you out when you’re feeling uninspired:
2. Check your collection of books & magazines, while sipping a cup of tea. I bet you haven’t looked at those in a while and some things just look better on paper. Did you actually see THAT? I bet you forgot about THAT book in the corner!
3. Do absolutely nothing at all, it’s great to be bored once in a while. Now this is something I have to work on myself…
4. Grab lunch with friends and have a chat about your daily musings.
5. STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER, unplug & live life. At least, give it a go! There are so many more inspiring things than sitting in front of a computer screen all day long.
6. Clear your mind and go out for a run, or any other sports might do the trick.
7. Pamper yourself, you’re worth it. Get a massage or a facial, make your own hair mask, take a hot bath with lots and lots of bath foam! Instant energy boost coming your way!
8. Sex. Do I need to say more… really?
9. Watch a movie… heck, do a movie marathon together with your best friends. Pj’s allowed!
10. Get out of the house and do ‘fun stuff’. Seeing the same white walls all over again won’t give you new, fantastic ideas. Go to a gig, a cocktailbar or anything else you really enjoy.
11. Do something you’ve never done before. In fact, do a several things on your bucket list! This can go from pole dancing to embroidery classes to traveling around the world.
12. Check out your old sketchbook and schoolwork. Remember how free you used to be?
13. Meet new people, plenty of possibilities to do so. Let’s start with… ‘walk out of the door’… you can handle it from there!
14. Organize a brainstorm together with all your nerdy friends to come up with some ideas on how to enlarge your business empire.
15. Travel and get in touch with the locals, their culture and habits, visit the non-touristic places,…
16. In fact, jump into your car right now, call your most enthusiastic, crazy friend and go on a road trip. Cruuuiiiissssiiiin’!
17. Alcohol can be fun too, you know! (the hangover… not so much)
18. Enjoy an afternoon in the sun. Happy thoughts assured! (Don’t forget to protect your skin!)
19. Think about how you’d like to reinvent yourself and go on a shopping trip.
20. Have a party on your own, pour yourself a glass of wine and dance like there’s no tomorrow to tunes from ‘the old days’.